The establishment of an environmental management system is one of the strategic goals of the company and the management is committed to allocate the required resources and means in order to fully and continuously implement this system in all activities of the company at its facilities in Chania Pelion.
The Environmental Policy of the company is implemented, observed and is known at all organizational levels and to the staff of the company through staff training programs, continuous operation controls and the use of environmentally friendly technologies as much as possible.
The company’s policy for environmental protection is based on the following basic principles, which are also the commitment of the Management:
- Full coverage of the requirements of the ISO 14001: 2004 standard
- Compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Continuous assessment and improvement of environmental performance through the preparation and implementation of action plans based on specific goals and objectives and within a defined timeframe
- Continued effort to prevent environmental problems and contribute to sustainable development
- Cooperation with authorities and bodies involved in environmental protection
Environmental Management Objectives
The implementation of environmental management programs aims to meet specific goals and objectives which are:
- Environmental Solid Waste Management
- Rational use of energy resources, increase the efficiency of equipment and media in terms of energy consumption
- Financial management of resource consumption
- Controlling the risk of fuel leaks and the risk of fire in the boiler room
- Staff training in emergency prevention and response
MANTHOS SA seeks and acts in such a way that:
- to fully understand by all employees the set goals and the general environmental management policy of the company.
- strictly follow the procedures of the environmental management system by all employees
President & CEO